Candidate Filing 2012
Click here for a list of certified candidates as of May 4, 2012. (updated on May 28, 2012)
Please note that if your name is does not appear on this list it is because your filing did not adhere to the Supreme Court ruling or your SEI was filed after the deadline of March 30 at noon.
If you are interested in becoming a petition candidate, please click here for the instructions.
For Potential Candidates
Candidate Filing begins noon on March 16 through noon on March 30.
All partisan candidates, except Solicitor and US Congress, file with their Democratic Party Chair.
- Solicitor and US Congress Candidates file with the State Democratic Party.
Steps for Candidates
All candidates must fill out 2 paper forms, 1 online form and write 1 filing fee check to be considered a democratic candidate.
1) Statement for Candidacy form. Find copies here.
2) Party Pledge Form. Find copies here.
3) Statement of Economic Interest on the Ethics Commission website (Candidates must fill this out online by the end of the filing deadline to be a candidate and must turn in the receipt of completion)
4) Filing Fee (in the form of a check). Fee amounts can be found here.
If you have any questions, please call the State Party at 803-799-7798.
Back to top